Thousands of people are looking for ways to earn money online on a daily basis, but the problem is they don’t know where to start! I entered the world of earning money online two years ago, and a week before I got my job I really had no idea that it’s even possible.
So, can you really earn money online? I Googled “make money online” and the auto-suggest applied “make money online Philippines”. Interesting, right? It just proves that quite a lot of Filipinos are looking for opportunities online but they don’t know where to begin. In the same way, people from around the globe are looking for ways to earn money from home.
The secret? You should know where to look and what to look out for. It’s that simple, really. And partially, you need luck.
Ways to Earn Money Online
There are four easy ways to earn money online. Easy in a sense that you don’t need certifications or a college degree. All you need to have is passion and willingness to learn.
If your goal is to make a thousand dollars within a week, as a beginner, then you’re on the wrong place. These methods take time, like all of the legitimate ways to make money online. No shortcuts, no BS.
1. Write For Blogs
- Excellent English writing skills
- Knowledgeable in at least one niche (marketing, games, health, entertainment, web design/development, etc.)
- Google-fu expert, because you will be doing a lot of research
Where to begin:
- HubPages – multi-niched directory where you can write articles and share Adsense earning.
- Squidoo – same with HubPages, has over 1 million users sharing Adsense revenue.
- Odesk – a job board for freelancers, has a lot of job postings for writers.
- Cracked.com – everyone’s favorite humor site. They pay from $100 to $200 with bonuses of $50 if your article performs well.
You are a beginner, yes, but do not under sell yourself by accepting crazy low fees! I wrote an article about how Filipino Writers contribute negatively to the online community simply because they allow themselves to be used by their clients.
You might also want to check my method on how to write faster, fast like 1,000 words in under 30 minutes.
If you are a web developer or a web designer:
- Hongkiat.com – the last time I wrote for Hongkiat I was paid around $67 per post.
- Onextrapixel.com – they pay $40 to $50 per post, a good starting point if you have tips and tricks to share!
If you want to write about your interests, try HubPages and Squidoo. Many people earn hundreds of dollars there. Most of all, they’re free.
2. Sell Your Own Services
There are a lot of career opportunities on the web, among those fall under these categories:
- Administrative Support
- Customer Support
- Design and Multimedia
- Sales and Marketing
- Web Development
- and many more
You don’t really need to have a degree, just good organization skills, good with computers, and great with talking to people, especially if you want to be a virtual assistant, support, or an encoder.
- A reliable internet connection.
- A good computer.
- Specific set of skills depending on your chosen path.
Where to begin:
Highly Recommended: OnlineJobs.ph, but only if you are okay with earning $250 to $800 monthly for full-time jobs. I realize that many of my readers come from India and the Philippines, that these are already above-average salaries.
- oDesk – already mentioned this above. Everyday thousands of jobs are posted, and you can be lucky if you bid just right!
3. Start Your Own Blog
If you are willing to spend at least $60, which will cover all expenses for 6 months, you can already setup a blog and get it running within an hour.
- Good understanding of how websites operate.
Do not worry if you have no idea, just check out my tutorial about niche blogs. It’s all there!
Profitable Niche Markets:
- Web design and development
- Photo blogs
- Affiliate Marketing – I’ll just place this here, but it doesn’t actually fit. This category is quite profitable when done right. Basically it means you are promoting someone else’s product or service and take a percentage from the total sales they make with your help.
How do Blogs Earn?
Most blogs earn through advertisements. Even Facebook has advertisements on their sidebar. According to BuySellAds, one of the biggest advertisement network, 50,000 monthly visitors would give you $100 to $1,000 monthly. Of course it’s not easy to generate 50,000 visitors monthly, you have to work for it. You need to be passionate about blogging. Constant update is a must, and you need to market your own blog!
Where to begin:
First, decide on what niche you’ll be blogging about. It would be better if it’s something you are genuinely passionate for, since you’ll spend a lot of time writing about it. Next, realize that this is a commitment, it will probably take 3 months before you actually see thousands of visitors landing on your blog, but it will pay off!
4. Sell Your Stuff
Selling your stuff online is a profitable business as well, you just need to go out once in a while to process shipment of the products. There is only one requirement: you need to have something to sell.
I personally know people who earn thousands by just utilizing Facebook fan pages. Yep, instead of creating their own online stores, they make use of Facebook!
You can sell:
- Plush toys
- Geek stuff
- Stock Photos
- and anything you can think of!
Where to sell:
So, are you ready to take control of your life? It’s not fun living paycheck to paycheck, right? Why not start making money online right now, at your own pace, with the method that you enjoy the most?
People Think Working at Home is a Scam
It’s not! But beware, there are lots of scams out there! No, you won’t make $7,000 weekly nor $500 daily, those advertisement banners are fraud.
Did I mention that, over two years ago, I thought working at home is a scam? Yeah, I had no idea that millions of people actually do earn money online, on their comfy pyjamas!
So, quick checklist to know if a method someone is offering is a scam or not:
- Does it ask you to pay a fee?
- Does it promise hundreds of dollars to thousands within a short period of time?
- Does it say you basically don’t have to do anything?
If the answer is yes to the three questions, then it is most likely a scam. What you need to understand is that there are no shortcuts, no magic money, and no incredible promises.
Why would anyone sell you a $30 e-book for their secret method of earning $10,000 in one month? Well, many people fall on these traps so maybe that’s where they get their $10,000.
So, are you ready to make money online?